Kolawole Mohammed Balogun, popularly called Kola Balogun or KMB, was born on July 27th, 1956. KMB is from the famous Olubadan Ali-Iwo ruling house of Ibadanland. His father, Ibrahim Ayinde Balogun of blessed memory was a cocoa produce merchant at Lalupon railway station, and the mother, Alhaja Awawu Adunni was the Iyalode “Elepo pupa” (Palm oil market men and women) of the entire Lagelu Local Government area of Ibadanland.
Kolawole Mohammed Balogun educational career took him through Ratibi Muslim Primary School, Oluyoro, Ibadan, St. Peter’s College, Abeokuta, Ogun State, and North Texas State University, Denton, Texas, USA.
He graduated with both the Bachelor of Arts (B.A) and Doctors of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in Political Science.
Essence of Democracy
From youth, my parents taught me that hard work pays off, and this I have lived by. Just like me, there are lots of our people with the same background, who work very hard every day, but still struggles because the playing field has been skewed seriously against them.
I come as an element of meaningful change with heart, and will work tirelessly for the people in making sure everyone become part of our progressive government.
What is the essence of democracy that has not in a long time elevate substantially the lives of the people it serves? The ruling class have asked us at various times to make sacrifices, which we have all made done with little or no complaints. The time has come now where the government will be truly the peoples’ government.
I come to you with a promise that this is one time we will all work together to not just uplift the state, but uplift the individuals that make up the state. This is our collective responsibilities, and I am seeking your mandate to provide the difference you have been looking for.
Oyo State is known to be in the forefront of development blessed through hard work of the people with good qualitative education, good health care services, flourishing industries, and great commerce.
If given the chance to serve as your next governor, our administration will be your administration. This will be your government in a true sense of the word, dedicated to working tirelessly for you and with you to realize a new life that we can all see and partake in. The future we have all hoped for starts now.
Dr. Kolawole Mohammed Balogun (KMB)
Over the years, Kola Balogun has worked successfully both in the private and public sectors in various capacities. His humble background coupled with his work ethics has put him in a position not just to understand the needs of the people, but how practical ideas can be brought into reality through communal efforts.
Kolawole Mohammed Balogun Private Sector Career:
- Account Clerk, Tractor and Equipment Division of UAC, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Warehouse Clerk, Food Specialties Nig. Ltd, Ilupeju, Lagos.
- Chairman, Trans (Nig.) Assurance Co. Ltd. Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Chief Executive, TestWide (Nig.) ltd.
- Administrator, Educational Services International, Dallas, Texas, USA
- Property Manager, Sessions House Apartment Complex, Denton, Texas, USA.
- Lab. Technician, Jack Eckerd Corporation, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Co-Founder, The African Voice magazine, USA.
- Member, Editorial Committee, The African Voice Magazine, USA.
- Research Officer, Educational Services International, Dallas, Texas, USA.
Kolawole Mohammed Balogun Political Sector Career:
- Social Democratic Party Ward Delegate for Ward 1, Lagelu Local Government Area, Ibadan, Oyo state.
- Social Democratic Party Delegate for Lagelu Local government area, Ibadan, Oyo state.
- Social Democratic Party Auditor for Oyo State
- National Delegate to the 1993 Social Democratic Party National Convention.
- National Secretary, Congress for National Census
- Director, Finance and Administration, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki’s Presidential Campaign Organization
- Commissioner for Works and Transport, Oyo State. 2006.
- Commissioner for Commerce and Cooperatives, Oyo state. 2007 – 2011.
- Professional Involvement and Writings
Kolawole Mohammed Balogun Publications/Research/Newspaper Article Contributions:
- Special Problems of the Welfare States (Poverty, Deprivation, Homelessness, Inequality, and Social Stigma)
- Democracy and Modern Civilization.
- If Africa must survive (Newspaper article)
- The new political season (Newspaper article)
- Understanding the Role of the State in Developing Economies (Newspaper article)
Kolawole Mohammed Balogun Fellowships:
Fellow of the Civilian Institute of Democratic Administration (FCIDA).
Athletics, Reading and Music.
Kolawole Mohammed Balogun is happily married with children
- Kolawole Mohammed Balogun Biography and Profile (Kola Balogun)