Sasha Banks Early Life
Sasha Banks (Mercedes Justine Kaestner-Varnado), born January 26, 1992, was a hugely-popular star before turning heel alongside her best mate and SmackDown Women’s champ Bayley. The pair lost the Women’s Tag-Team Titles at last year’s ‘Mania, leading to reports Banks had a temper tantrum backstage following the loss. Sasha Banks quickly squashed those rumours upon her return – but it seems her new-found attitude is more interested in making moolah than main eventing now. Mercedes Justine Kaestner-Varnado is known as The Boss in WWE. She and Charlotte Flair kickstarted the WWE Women’s Evolution. They participated in a lot of matches that women previously did not compete in, including a Hell in a Cell match. In 2016, she and Charlotte Flair became the first women to headline a WWE pay-per-view event and the first to compete in a Hell in a Cell match (both at WWE Hell in a Cell (2016) in October 2016), the first women to main event WWE Monday Night RAW (1993) in a women’s match since 2004 and the first women to win the Pro Wrestling Illustrated award for Feud of the Year.
Going into WrestleMania in 2019, Sasha’s résumé already spoke for itself: four-time Raw Women’s Champion, former NXT Women’s Champion and the then-current, and inaugural, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion alongside Bayley. If The Boss had hung it up for good after 2019’s Show of Shows like many were (falsely) speculating she would, nobody would’ve blinked an eye at calling her one of the best in-ring talents the Women’s division had ever produced.
Sasha Banks Biography and Profile
Sasha Banks (Mercedes Justine Kaestner-Varnado), born January 26, 1992, in Fairfield, California, an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE under the ring name Sasha Banks. Mercedes Justine Kaestner-Varnado moved to various places, including Minnesota, to find schools and hospitals for her disabled brother. Her family settled in Boston, Massachusetts, where she began her professional wrestling career. She went to school online and grew up watching All Japan Women’s Pro-Wrestling (AJW). She is of African American and European descent.
An independent wrestler out of Boston, Banks worked her way through various promotions before finally getting a foot in the door in WWE NXT. Eventually, the quiet but talented young woman found her voice, and The Boss was born. Since then, Banks hasn’t looked back for a second, though she turned plenty of heads throughout her astounding rise to dominance as one of Full Sail’s “Four Horsewomen.”
The trailblazing continued past NXT when Banks helped usher in a new era of competition on the Raw roster during the Women’s Evolution of 2015. Since then, the ultra-confident Banks has made history at every turn, competing in the first-ever Women’s WWE Iron Man, Hell in a Cell, Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber Matches, all while capturing multiple Raw Women’s Titles and teaming with Bayley to become the first WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions.
Banks and Bayley lost the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania 35, and The Boss disappeared for several months, but she came back more ruthless than ever that summer. On her first night back, Sasha savagely attacked Natalya, who was paying tribute to her late father, then set her sights on Becky Lynch and the Raw Women’s Championship.
The Boss and The Man immediately became embroiled in a heated rivalry, resulting in wild brawls on a near-weekly basis. And after being selected by SmackDown in the 2019 WWE Draft, Banks reformed her alliance with Bayley, and the two defiant Superstars immediately touted themselves as the locker room leaders on the blue brand. Refusing to be looked over or set aside, Sasha has proven time and again that she runs the roost in the Women’s division. Just like a — well, you know.
Sasha Banks Quick Facts
- In WWE Hell in a Cell (2016), she and Charlotte (Ashley Fliehr) became the first women to compete in a Hell in a Cell match.
- She’s the first women along with Charlotte Flair (Ashley Fliehr) to win the Pro Wrestling Illustrated award for Feud of the Year.
- On February 11, 2015 at NXT Takeover: Rival (2015), Banks won the NXT Women’s Championship by pinning Charlotte (Ashley Fliehr) in a fatal four-way match that also involved Becky Lynch (Rebecca Quin) and Bayley (Pamela Martinez).
- Her match against Bayley (Pamela Martinez) at NXT Takeover: Respect (2015) on October 7, 2015 was the first women’s match to ever headline a major WWE event, also it was the first women’s Iron Man match.
- She was first entrant alongside John Cena and The Ultimate Warrior at the time of announcement and appears in WWE 2K18 game.
- On July 25, 2016 at WWE Monday Night RAW (1993), Banks submitting Charlotte (Ashley Fliehr) to win the WWE Women’s Championship.
- Sasha vs Bayley’s (Pamela Martinez) Ironman match won 2015 MOTY award and this is the only Women’s match to do so.
- Her match with Bayley (Pamela Martinez) at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn (2015) won the 2015 NXT Year-End Award for Match of the Year.
- She won 2015 PWI Woman Of The Year Award.
- Sasha Banks was the first entry of the first ever Women’s Royal Rumble match. In the match she eliminated Vickie Guerrero, Pamela Martinez (Bayley) and Trish Stratus, lasting 54:46 before being eliminated by Nikki Bella and Brie Bella.
- Was in attendance during the Eddie Guerrero tribute show on Raw. She didn’t know until a few minutes before the show started that her favourite character had passed and was devastated.
- One of “The Four Horsewomen” of WWE along with Charlotte, Becky Lynch & Bayley.
- At WWE Elimination Chamber (2019), Sasha Banks & Bayley became 1st ever Women’s tag team champions.
- Since being called up to the main WWE roster from NXT in July of 2015 she has won both the WWE Raw Woman’s Championship and the WWE Woman’s Tag Team Championship. Yet she has never successfully defended her titles. Every title defense on both television and pay per view has ended in either her loosing her championship or on a disqualification.
- On December 7, 2017 She and Alexa Bliss had the first ever women’s match in Abu Dhabi. The match was groundbreaking. During the match the crowed chanted, “this is hope.” In – keeping with local customs special wrestling gear had to be made for them not showing any skin. Alexa retained her Raw Woman’s title during the match.
- On the August 12, 2019 edition of RAW, Sasha Banks made her return to the WWE after being absent since Wrestlemania 35. She turned heel when she attacked both Natalya, and Becky Lynch.
Sasha Banks Not Cleared to Compete at Royal Rumble
Sasha Banks was one of the surprising absentees from the Royal Rumble event last night, as she reportedly wasn’t cleared to compete. Although she hadn’t been booked in a match, Banks was expected to be a participant in the women’s Royal Rumble. Being one of the biggest stars in the women’s division, it was odd to not see The Boss in the Rumble, but that’s exactly what happened last night at Minute Maid Park in Houston. According to PWInsider, Banks was internally listed as a Royal Rumble competitor over the weekend, but she ended up not appearing in the match and the belief is Kelly Kelly took her spot.
The four-time Raw Women’s Champion wasn’t cleared to compete, but it’s unknown what type of injury she has, or when she will return to the ring. As well as being absent from the Rumble, Banks hasn’t been seen on SmackDown for a couple of weeks. It’s unclear as to when she will return. Many fans believe Banks could be Bayley’s next challenger for the SmackDown Women’s title, and that the two could now face each other at WrestleMania 36. Fans will be keeping their fingers crossed that The Boss is able to return to the ring soon.
Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair Latest Guests on WWE After the Bell
Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair are the latest guests on WWE After the Bell, where host Corey Graves is breaking down all the recent events in their careers. From Bianca’s epic performance in the Women’s Royal Rumble Match to Banks’ much-rumored trip to Japan during her 2019 hiatus, two of WWE’s most talented women are spilling the tea.
WWE star Sasha Banks wants to work WrestleMania 36 pre-show
Sasha Banks says she would rather work the WrestleMania 36 pre-show instead of the main card so she “can get out of there”. And The Boss added she would still “be making the same amount of money“ and “that’s what it’s all about”. She said:
“My sights are to wear the most bomb outfit right next to my best friend’s side as she defends her title against some loser. You know WrestleMania is so long. If anything, I would hope that we were on the pre-show just so I can get it done and over with. I’ll probably still be making the same amount of money…That’s what it’s all about. I want to make the most money, I want to be on the pre-show so I can get out of there. It’s a long long day, we’re probably there from 8 AM till 2 AM in the morning. So I just got to go. I got to get my beauty sleep.”
Sasha Banks was obviously speaking in character, but rumours are also suggesting she could be set to battle her pal Bayley for the belt at ‘Mania.
Sasha Banks Purple Hair
Sasha Banks’ purple hair, a staple, not just of hers but of WWE as well. In a landscape where we’ve seen everything from Golden Goddesses to Red Queens, The Boss had truly cornered the market on a color. The purple hair made her instantly identifiable with all corners of the WWE Universe. You were just as likely to see a grown man in a Sasha T-shirt with purple trim as you were to see a child with a purple wig. The hair and the color itself were distinctly hers, and what she sported through every single significant triumph of her career.
Sasha Banks Husband
Kaestner-Varnado married WWE costume designer and retired professional wrestler, Sarath Ton, also known as Kid Mikaze, on August 4, 2016.
Sasha Banks Parents
Sasha Banks was the first of two children born to her mother Judith Varnado and to her father Reo Varnado. Sasha Banks Parents – Reo and Judith Varnado.
Sasha Banks Personal life
Kaestner-Varnado is a first cousin of rapper Snoop Dogg, who helped develop her in-ring persona. She is also a first cousin of music producer Daz Dillinger and singers Brandy Norwood and Ray J. She is a fan of K-pop music and Japanese anime Sailor Moon. Kaestner-Varnado has cited Eddie Guerrero as her favorite wrestler. She was in attendance at Guerrero’s memorial episode of Raw on November 14, 2005 in Minneapolis, and she also revealed that she was unaware that Guerrero had died before she arrived at the arena.
Sasha Banks Awards
Sasha Banks has been one of the key figures in the rise of women’s wrestling. She’s a multiple-time champion in the WWE and one of the most recognizable performers on the roster. Banks has made history at every turn, competing in the first-ever Women’s WWE Iron Man, Hell in a Cell, Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber Matches, all while capturing multiple Raw Women’s Titles and teaming with Bayley to become the first WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions.
Sasha Banks Net Worth
Sasha Banks net worth: Sasha Banks is an American professional wrestler who has a net worth of $3 million.
Mercedes Justine Kaestner-Varnado Biography and Profile